DANBURY, Conn., June 28, 2004 — Praxair, Inc. (NYSE: PX) and its affiliated companies are notifying industrial, medical, and specialty gas customers in the U.S. and Canada of the following bulk and cylinder price increases, consistent with the terms and conditions of customer contracts:
- 5-8% increase for nitrogen and oxygen
- 6-8% increase for carbon dioxide (Canada only)
- 8-10% increase for argon, hydrogen and helium
- 5-10% increase for cylinder gases (depending on product)
- 5% increase for cylinder and equipment rental fees
- reduction of discounts off current schedule for facility fees
Praxair is the largest industrial gases company in North and South America, and one of the largest worldwide, with 2003 sales of $5.6 billion. The company produces, sells and distributes atmospheric and process gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Praxair products, services and technologies bring productivity and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, metals and others. More information on Praxair is available on the Internet at www.praxair.com.