DANBURY, Conn., February 11, 2009 – Praxair, Inc. (NYSE: PX) announced that its specialty gases and equipment group released their new 2009 Specialty Gases and Equipment Reference Guide, "The Right Gas and Equipment for the Right Applications." This latest edition of their specialty gases and equipment catalog represents a significant "step up" in the quality, scope and depth of the specialty gases and equipment product offerings.
Notable content changes include:
- A streamlined Cylinders and Containers section and a Microbulk section that highlights the breadth and strength of Praxair’s modes of supply.
- An updated Pure Gas section with the latest offerings and specifications from Praxair.
- An expanded 60+ page Mixtures section that includes the 39 most common minor components with a variety of inert balance gases for a total of 116 different blends. The mixture matrix now includes all relevant information such as ranges, CGA, pressure, contents, and MSDS. A part number configurator is also included on each page to assist with ordering. The new range part number system being used in the reference guide will further simplify ordering and processing.
- The Special Applications section has been expanded to provide updates in several market offerings. The Analytical Measurement, Environmental Monitoring, and Hydrocarbon Processing Industry sections now include recommended pure gases and specialty gas mixtures for these markets. The Industrial Hygiene product line has been redesigned to include cylinder specifications, most common pure gases, reactive and non-reactive mixtures and transportable cylinder accessories including pressure regulators. The Metal Fabrication section highlights the LaserStar 5.5 and 5.0 products and the LaserStar Overnight Delivery introduces a new service for quick delivery of product.
- The Gas Handling Equipment section features Praxair's new ProStar® Platinum line of gas handling equipment, along with over 60 new and improved products. The section has been expanded to encompass a wide variety of solutions to fit Praxair customers' gas and liquid handling applications. Praxair's new Center of Excellence in San Antonio, Texas is also featured, showcasing Praxair’s "custom design capabilities" for non-standard applications.
- Safety and Technical sections have been improved for easier use.
To get a copy of Praxair’s 2009 Specialty Gases and Equipment Reference Guide, please contact your local Praxair sales representative or visit Praxair’s specialty gases website at www.praxair.com/specialtygases for more information.
Praxair is the largest industrial gases company in North and South America, and one of the largest worldwide, with 2008 sales of $10.8 billion. Praxair products, services and technologies bring productivity and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, metals and others. More information on Praxair is available on the Internet at www.praxair.com.
Susan Szita Gore